Africa Energy views our commitment to corporate responsibility as a strategic advantage that enables us both to access and effectively manage new business opportunities in complex environments.
Africa Energy is committed to addressing the challenge of sustainability - delivering value to our shareholders while providing economic and social benefits to impacted communities and minimizing our environmental footprint.
Our vision of Corporate Responsibility is premised upon a set of policies, which guide our relationships with shareholders, employees, partners, governments and the communities affected by our operations:
- To create a working environment such that we cause no harm to people, and where we minimize our impact on the environment;
- To create a safe and secure working environment for our people and assets;
- To conduct our business in an honest and ethical manner;
- To enter into dialogue and engagement with key stakeholders, conducted in the spirit of transparency and good faith;
- To deliver tangible and sustainable benefits that contribute to the social and economic well being of citizens in our host countries;
- To support the development of financial transparency and good governance mechanisms; and
- To support and protect internationally recognized human rights.