Africa Energy is committed to operating responsibly. Our goal is to create a working environment such that we cause no harm to people, and where we minimize our impact on the environment.
Africa Energy manages our business in accordance with the following principles:
- We will meet or surpass statutory requirements and best practice;
- We will operate our business to ensure proactive risk mitigation;
- We will hold ourselves and our contractors accountable for compliance with our policies and procedures;
- We will provide appropriate resources and will ensure accountabilities are clear;
- We will measure our performance and strive for continuous improvement;
- We will plan and be prepared for potential emergencies;
- We will investigate and learn from incidents; and
- We will encourage open and honest communication.
Should operational results and safety ever come into conflict, we all have a responsibility to choose safety over operational results and Africa Energy leadership will support that choice. This includes the responsibility to stop a job wherever activities may conflict with this policy.